Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Adding Security Rule to Value Set (Oracle Financials - 11.5.9)
Adding Security Rule to Value Set [message #305135] Sat, 08 March 2008 23:48 Go to next message
vkindia

I have 3 Set of Books. Each SOB has GL Super User access, wherein value sets are created (say XXEGGL_NOMINAL_COM1, 2, 3). When assigning, the responsibility I would like to restrict the values populated in the LOV for the particular nominal value set. I want to restrict the value sets to those who are using the set of books (eg: If I am using SOB-3, I should be able to get only those values assigned to me. like XXEGGL_NOMINAL_COM1 should not see or do any add/update the XXEGGL_NOMAINAL_COM2). How this can be implemented ? Please assist

Vimal Iyer
Re: Adding Security Rule to Value Set [message #305298 is a reply to message #305135] Mon, 10 March 2008 06:04 Go to previous message
altasen.com
Hi,

this can indeed be done via Vaule Set Security Rules.
How to work with this is described in our book "Flexfields for Oracle e-Business Suite". This covers both R11i and R12!
See: http://stores.lulu.com/learnworks and
our site: www.altasen.com

What are customers saying about our books:
"Finally a book that really helps me" (University user, The Netherlands)
"Wow, Apps is really simple" (HR-user Belgium)
"Hats off!" (Apps-DBA India)

But a short summary:
- the Value Set must have "non-hierarchical security"
- you must create a security rule
- the rule must be applied to one ore more Responsibilities
- in the Key or Descriptive Flexfield in the segment the security must be enabled.
Buy the book, or you can email me via the contact-page on my website if you have more questions.

Roel Hogendoorn
http://www.altasen.com
Previous Topic: program - Auto post Error
Next Topic: Alert for Responsibility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 13:28:19 CDT 2024