Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » can any one answer these
can any one answer these [message #282935] Sun, 25 November 2007 04:20 Go to next message
shruthy
Hi All

can any one answer these

1. in AP when we enter invoices in Quick invoices window they stay outside the payable system. when we click create invoices button then they are imported into AP via payables open interface programme and then the validation and defaulting will be done and the corresponding invoices are created....................like wise when we create quick payments are created will they also undergo the same process means do they also come through payables open interface programme into the AP system

2. i read in manuals that when we make manual payments in AP we can even pay for a supplier's site even if that site's option "Hold All Payments" is enabled.............if that is so then does it mean that the option "Hold All Payments" does not work in manual payment case........in such a case all the invoices which we could not pay through other payment types due to enabling "Hold All Payments" option, can be paid by manual payment type ....is this right?

pls answer

mymail id : shruthy.apps@gmail.com

thank you

bye
Re: can any one answer these [message #282976 is a reply to message #282935] Sun, 25 November 2007 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhaimes
I understnad that the intent of the Manual payments option is to record a payment that was made outside of the Oracle financials system. So the reason that hold all invoices does not prevent them is that the manual payment will not be disbursed by AP, it has already happened and you just need to record it to get the accounting right.

Hope this helps
David
------------
Check out my Oracle Financials Blog
http://davidhaimes.wordpress.com
Re: can any one answer these [message #282998 is a reply to message #282935] Sun, 25 November 2007 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanjana.1977
Hi,

Yes, through manual payment we can overwrite all the paybale controls on the invoice.

Thanks,
Sanjana.
Re: can any one answer these [message #283242 is a reply to message #282976] Mon, 26 November 2007 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shruthy
thank you Mr.David

likewise can u pls give me some inputs for my other queries if possible

thank you once again

bye

Re: can any one answer these [message #283345 is a reply to message #283242] Mon, 26 November 2007 17:29 Go to previous message
dhaimes
The Manual payments are not created via the AP Interface, they are created directly in the system not imported via an interface

Regards,
David
------------
Check out my Oracle Financials Blog
http://davidhaimes.wordpress.com
Previous Topic: Learning guide
Next Topic: Intercompany Best Practices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 14:42:51 CDT 2024